Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Banana Blueberry Muffins

Last Friday I was at Walmart and I spied some big plump juicy blueberries, which is strange for January, but they were calling my name. Whenever I see blueberries my mouth begins to water and I think of a big dollop of butter and my recipe for banana blueberry muffins. After this recipe I can't really go back to ordinary blueberry muffins - the banana just seems to really bring out the best in the blueberries.


Banana Blueberry Muffins:
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar - packed
1/2 cup of butter or margarine - melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

I forgot to include the brown sugar in this picture


Melt butter or marjarine in microwave, add brown sugar, add eggs and vanilla, mash banana and add to batter. Add dry ingedients: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, stir til ingredients are completely blended. Fold in blueberries gently thru batter. Cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees

A little trick: After all the cups are filled with batter, I always have a little (batter) left over and I cover the tops of the cups with just batter (no blueberries) that way, when the muffins cook no blueberries are exploding and being wasted.
We had these blueberries Sunday Morning and my family loved them.

7 comments:

Gabriel Olson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fahrenheit 350° said...

Mmmmm... I experimented with zuchinni and banana when I had a garden (sigh), soooo tasty!

Melissa and Allen said...

Hello Pamela!

Those muffins look delicious!
It's time to get started on all of your 12 goals for 2009!

Last week you entered the Giveaway on the Make and Take website for Creating Your Own “LifeVision”. Unfortunately, you weren’t the winner, but we still want to offer you a chance of make 2009 your best year yet! The LifeVision is one of the most powerful ways of implement your goals into your daily life! Many have called it the perfect application to the Law of Attraction. Imagine listening to your goals via an ipod or CD everyday (complete with action plan, motivation etc).

For the next week, you can purchase everything you need to jump start those 2009 goals at a 33% discount. We’re also offering a 30-day trial. If you aren’t satisfied, you can return it for a 100% refund. So what do you have to lose!?!

Click here for more information
Let Your Life Speak

Pamela said...

Zuchinni and banana very interesting! I may have to try that one.

A & E said...

delicioso! we must think alike...we made the same muffins on sunday morning. i had 8, maya had 1, and evan got 3.

Pamela said...

Eating 8 muffins is Mandatory!

intrepidfish said...

Hi Pamela! Wonderful looking recipe. I printed it a few years ago, lost it and am now attempting to make it. ONE THING THOUGH... I am not seeing how much blueberry to put in. I would be one lucky gal if you were able to get back to me before finishing this batter. Much Obliged. Tks for the inspiration. ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin