Wednesday, January 7, 2009

French Toast


I love French toast. We'll I love all breakfast foods, but if I had my druthers it would be french toast. When I was visiting Tina over New Years I begged her to make me her Macadamia Coconut French Toast. Anyone out there who loves french toast this is a delicious recipe.



Batter:
2 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
2 tablespoons crushed macadamia nuts
2 tablespoons coconut
dash of cinnamon
Grandma Sycamore white bread

In skillet, place a small amount of oil (2 tablespoons, more if desire) this will help cook the toast and make it a little crunchy on the edges. Once oil is hot (medium to high heat) dip bread in batter. Cook toast until both sides are golden brown and cooked. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (my favorite) and syrup. Enjoy.

2 comments:

A & E said...

every time i make french toast i think of you, since you make the BEST FRENCH TOAST ever.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

It was DELICIOUS!!! I've gotta go out and buy some macadamias today!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin