Friday, August 28, 2009

Field Trip Friday ~ Blackberry Picking

This week, Kitty and I went Blackberry picking. I heard about the berries from this gal while on a hike organized by this gal. Growing up in the Northwest, blackberries are abundant; juicy, sweet and everywhere. So I was so excited to find a farm with U-pick potential. We had a fun morning getting hot, sticky and sampling the fruit of our labors. (ha ha! pun intended!)

My fingertips were completely stained purple by the time I was done. Picking your own berries is one of the most rewarding activities. If you live in Utah, click here for information about U-pick farms. Blackberries were picked at Phelps Farm.

Check out the amazing view of the valley and mountains. It was the perfect morning.

8 comments:

Camille said...

oh my goodness - I absolutely love berries! My poor mother - I devour all of her homemade raspberry jam in her food storage! (and should probably replenish the inventory) I'm going to have to check out this place - it looks gorgeous! Thanks for the tip!

Barb said...

Your pictures brings back foung memories on my grandmothers land. When you have time, come over for my quilt top giveaway...www.bejeweledquilts.blogspot.com

Rebekah said...

looks like a fun day! I love blackberries, but have never been picking before

Kalli said...

Hey we missed you today. I don't know if you had already been there or didn't end up coming. We were more than a half hour late thanks to me not realizing exactly how far away Cascade Springs is!

Fahrenheit 350° said...

It killed me having to pay for those blackberries coming from Oregon when they were always free, with no limitations! It was fun though, let's go again and next time get some raspberries too!

blushing rose said...

I always told the berry farms to weigh me before & after, as I eat as I go ... I have run into people with no sense of humor ... looks like you had great fun. TTFN ~Marydon

Unknown said...

I had no idea that there was such a thing in Utah...I need to get out more huh?! Looks like lots of fun, and gorgeous views!

Heather said...

OOOOH HOW FUN! no fair! I miss living there! honestly, HOW fun! That looks soo delicious and WONDERFUL!!! i wish i lived back in utah! :O(\
by the way, i have NEVER met more talented sisters in my LIFE! YOu all are soo dang cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin