Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mid Week Munchies

One last summer recipe! This recipe is refreshing, simple, and berrylicious. I love to make this recipe for friends and family: it is a crowd pleaser.


Frozen Berry Desert

Crust:

  • 1 cup graham crackers
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 6 tablespoons butter

In Cuisinart: crush graham crackers, add sugar and butter.

Pat crust into 12 inch fluted pan. This is the best pan to use, it makes removing and serving dessert easy!

Berry Blend:

  • 1 8oz. pkg of cream cheese ~ softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 2 cups chopped frozen berries
  • 1 pkg cool whip ~ softened

I love to use my frozen summer berries: strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries. (*If using fresh fruit, reduce juice to 1/4 cup) I like to chop my strawberries just a little to make them more manageable in the pan.

In Kitchen Aid: beat cream cheese and sugar throughly. Add juice and berries and mix.

Fold in Cool Whip. Pour into pan with graham cracker crust and chill in freezer for at least 4 hours, can be chilled overnight if necessary.

My sister got this recipe from the Kraft website about 5 years ago. I have searched many times for it, but have yet to find their original recipe.

***Don't forget today is 09-09-09!

5 comments:

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Soooo good! And these pictures look great, but do not give the dessert justice!

Liz said...

Yum! These pictures are making me hungry!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Thank you thank you for posting something fun and yummy. I am looking for new dessert recipes to surprise the hubby and kids. That looks scruptious!

thedoodlegirl said...

Oh my YUM!!! That looks so very delicious!

Rima said...

This looks so very delish!

Rima
www.yarnydays.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin