Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How to Clean a Hot Dog Skewer ~ Mid Week Munchies

We love campfires! I grew up having them all summer long....build a fire, chips and hot dogs, sunset and of course s'mores! A couple years ago we bought an little outdoor fire pit. It was cheap ($50) and oh, we have gotten our money's worth. I try and make sure I always have hot dogs, buns and condiments on hand so we can have an instant weeny roast!

I believe there is a fine art to roast the perfect hot dog and marshmallow over an open flame (but that is a whole nuther' post) BUT what do you do with your nasty skewers after a fun night of cooking? Does this look familiar? Do your skewers look as bad as mine:

Two easy household items will get your skewers looking new again: Tin Foil and Baby Wipes.


 First: Scrub your skewer with tin foil. The tin foil scrapes off any burnt food. Second: Use a baby wipe and clean off left over charcoal and black marks. (Baby wipes are amazing! They are extremely handy and seem to clean better than alot of products.)
Belissimo! Good as new and ready for your next campfire!


6 comments:

Stacy Henrie said...

I never knew that's what you use! Thanks for passing along the idea.

Jodi Nelson said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Totally doing this to our roasting sticks this week!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I've been looking everywhere to find advice about how to keep these clean. :)

Unknown said...

This didnt work for me. I actually did the better way too by spraying vinegar on them then putting baking soda on then used tin foil to scrap off the rust and it got a lot off but I cant seem to get the burn spots off.

Unknown said...

I thought haven’t read such distinctive material anywhere else on-line.poker online

Unknown said...

I like the theme and topic. local emergency electrician

Blog Widget by LinkWithin