Monday, November 7, 2011

Improv Quilt Finished

I've got some mixed emotions about this quilt. Once I had my 4 improv blocks I started going through my stash for borders. I came across this pink and green gem (it is from way back in 2004 from P & B Textiles) I only had a single solitary yard, and sometimes I think "I've only got a yard, I can make it work" WRONG! I pieced this whole quilt knowing I only had 1 yard to work with for my final border. Note: see the bottom right corner, AHH YES, that is me piecing the final 6" with scraps.

Plus, I forgot that to make my left border thinner than the other three. Long story.... I won't go into but, it should be smaller than the other 3 sides. I still need to fix that, but I think I'll wait until I'm not so emotionally attached. So, long story short, I thought this quilt was going to turn out one way and and thru the frustrating process of thinking 1 yard can magically stretch itself into 1 1/2 yards its finished.

All that funny business aside...I love this quilt. It turned out new and fresh and not like anything else I've done other than its pink!  I currently have three quilts tops all finished. I don't think I've ever had that many done at one time!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! Like a big window! I love the improv and the borders look great :)
Now you better get basting some of those tops!!

Emily Herrick said...

OH EM GEE!!!! I totally LOVE this! Makes me want to un-pack super quick so I can finish my improv-blocks. LOVE IT!!!

Alli said...

Very nice! The bottom right corner is awesome and hilarious! :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin